In every situation, sinks are an essential part of the interior and the main device of the bathroom. Also, this household item is part of the morning ritual of washing and brushing teeth of most people around the planet. The washbasin is definitely associated with cleanliness, so it is made of appropriate materials – white ceramic. Although some lovers of the unusual can choose this item of personal hygiene from a completely different, non-standard colors and materials.
The sink is a kind of recess with a hole for the faucet and drainage. In some models, there may not be a hole. For such sinks, the faucet is supposed to be mounted either in the cabinet or on the wall. Also, the hole becomes useless when a common swivel mixer is already installed in the bathroom. There are many different sinks, so you can always choose the one you like best.
Materials and manufacturers used
Ceramic sinks are usually manufactured – a versatile option in all aspects of both price and design. Although, in fact, there are several other materials to consider. Stone, unlike sanitary ware and porcelain, is considered a more durable material. In recent years, it has become quite popular among plumbing manufacturers, and the price category is quite comparable to traditional models.
Glass washbasins can be classified in a higher price category. They are also the most unusual in design. Most often they are made as overhead, that is, they require integration with a countertop or drawer. You can find so many options, and every decorative bathroom sink has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Types and methods of installation
According to the method of installation, sinks can be divided into the following:
- Built-in in the countertop. The type in which the sink is installed in a special hole in the countertop or cabinet, so that the surface of the countertop overlaps the bowl of the sink. As a rule, this type does not have a hole for the faucet.
- Built-in under the countertop. Installed in a similar way to the previous type, but now the edges of the bowl cover the countertop. Most models have a hole for a mixer.
- Surface-mounted. The type of sanitary products, which is placed on other surfaces: cabinets, bedside tables, countertops.
- Suspended. These wash basins are attached to the wall with nuts. Often complemented with a pedestal or semi-pedestal, which hides the siphon.
- Pendant on brackets. Accordingly, this type is attached to the wall brackets.
- It should be added that there are also corner bowls for different mounting on the junction of the walls.
Type of mounting does not depend on the shape of the bowl and vice versa. So the choice is huge: round, oval, rectangular, square, asymmetrical left or right, as well as irregular shaped basins. You can even choose wall hung washbasins if you have such a desire. Each type of sink can be useful to you in different situations, so it is worth evaluating all the features of the different options and choosing exactly those options that will be the most attractive to you.
Choosing a sink can be a daunting task, as the wide range of materials and shapes can easily confuse you. Nevertheless, if you treat this issue as responsibly as possible, you will have the opportunity to make the right decision and choose exactly the type of sink that will be the best solution. So take more time for this process, study the basic guidelines, and start looking for the perfect sink. Today’s stores can offer you a lot of interesting options, so you should pay more attention to this issue and find all the options that will suit you and will give you pleasure.